We Repair Your Car’s Electrical System
Just as your vehicle has hundreds of mechanical parts that are working in sync, it also has a complex computer system. Discount Brake & Auto Repair performs automotive electrical repairs for vehicles in Conroe, TX. Electrical parts all run through your car’s computer to make sure they are working properly. If your vehicle is failing to start or displaying error codes, you might have a problem with its electrical system. In many cases, it’s an issue with your vehicle’s battery. Bring your car into our auto repair shop today for a full diagnosis. We’re equipped with the tools for the job to get your vehicle back up and running in no time. From starters to lighting, we’ll take care of your electronics.
The Importance of Auto Electrical Services
Many drivers take their vehicle’s electrical systems for granted. If everything’s right, we start our vehicles up each day with the switch of the ignition. It’s your vehicle’s electrical system that makes this possible. The electrical system starts up your car and also keeps it running while you drive it. The electrical system is also responsible for your headlights, radio, dashboard, and more. Having routine maintenance tasks performed is highly recommended to prevent any problems with your electrical system. A load test will ensure your vehicle is generating enough power to give life to all of its electrical parts. The benefits of regular checks of electrical components include catching small issues before they become large problems that prevent you from driving. Don’t ignore electrical problems until the last minute because it could cost you a lot of money and leave you without a vehicle.
Indications Your Electrical Components Are Having Issues
Modern vehicles are highly reliant on their electrical systems to function properly. If they fail, you’ll likely experience a wide variety of issues. Be sure to bring your vehicle to Discount Brake & Auto Repair if you experience any of the following signs that your car may be having electrical issues:
- Engine won’t crank properly – Your battery provides a spark to ignite the fuel in your engine. When your engine doesn’t crank properly, you likely have an issue with the battery, alternator, or another electrical component. If you hear a clicking sound when attempting to start your car, it could be caused by a discharged or dead battery or your starter. Grinding noises during cranking can be caused by a bad starter or a faulty flywheel ring gear.
- Battery problems – Some drivers make the mistake of replacing their battery without having the electrical system checked out. You might have an issue with your alternator or another part of the electrical system.
- Headlights not working – Your vehicle’s headlights, turn signals, and brake lights keep you safe on the road. They’re controlled by the electrical system and may dim if there’s an issue.
- Fuses blowing out – Your car’s fuse box prevents over-voltage and short-circuiting. If you have fuses that blow out repeatedly, there may be an issue with your electrical system.
- Burning smell – If you smell burning plastic or electrical insulation, you need to stop driving immediately. In that case, you’re dealing with an electrical malfunction or a short circuit. Get your vehicle to our shop so we can take a look and repair it.
Our Thorough Electrical System Evaluation & Repair Process
Our team of experienced mechanics will perform a thorough evaluation of your vehicle’s electrical system and repair any issues we find. We can perform the following repair and maintenance services:
- Battery – Your car’s battery gives life to all its electrical components. The battery powers your ignition, signals, lights, power windows and locks, and alarms. Most batteries need to be replaced every three to five years. Our team can perform a battery test and then replace it if necessary.
- Alternator – Your vehicle’s alternator is its primary source of power when the engine is running. A weak alternator means your battery will lose charge quickly, rendering your vehicle unable to start. Our technicians will take a look at your car’s entire electric system to find the root of the issue.
- Starter – The starter helps your car start up and is powered by the battery. Starters generally last for a long time, but they’re the largest user of power in your vehicle. Our team can check your starter and replace it if necessary.
Trust us With Your Car’s Electrical Repairs
You depend on your vehicle’s electrical system day in and day out. That’s why you need a trusted mechanic you can depend on if anything goes wrong with it. Discount Brake & Auto Repair has been locally-owned and -operated for over 30 years. We’d be happy to provide you with an estimate for service, so contact us today.
10% Off Any Job
Between $100 and $300
*cannot be combined with any other offers